SHARE

Milan CEO Marco Fassone had a chat with Mediaset Premium and Sky Sports Italia after the Rossoneri’s 2-0 win against Universitatea Craiova on Thursday evening, where he discussed the clubs striker plans and gave a reassuring message for the club’s fans.

It was on Thursday that reports emerged from Italy, claiming that the Rossoneri are having a hard time finding the necessary bank guarantees for the transfers of Lucas Biglia and Leonardo Bonucci, causing concern among Milan fans.

While there’s never been any reports or suggestions that Bonucci, and Biglia, respectively would return to their previous clubs, the duo will not be eligiable to play in competetive games for the Rossoneri until the situation has been resolved which has added fuel to the fire. Reports then stated that the bank that refused to back the bonds was one of Milan’s sponsors.

However, while talking with Mediaset Premium on Thursday evening, Milan’s CEO Marco Fassone made it very clear and reassured that there’s no reason for the fans to worry about the situation:

I find it perplexing. I don’t think there’s a single Serie A club that has deposited the bank bonds yet. The deadline is August 11, we will meet it and the fans can relax, Bonucci and Biglia will play soon.”

Meanwhile, both Bonucci and Biglia sat out Milan’s Europa League 2nd leg qualifier and first game home at San Siro against Universitatea Craiova on Thursday night.

Further media discussions and question with lFassone gave an output on where Milan stand in their hunt for a new striker, with Diego Costa, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andrea Belotti, Nikola Kalinic and Radamel Falcao as the alleged targets;

“I don’t want to create any sense of haste, as that can put you in a difficult situation when it comes to negotiations. We are observing players, we don’t want to make a mistake, as we want to get the right player at the right price.

We have no intentions of rushing things. I must thank the lads in the Curva and reiterate we will do everything we can to repay them for their enthusiasm.”

However, when Fassone had a chat with Sky Sports Italia later on, he gave a much more detailed briefing on the Rossoneri’s plans and confirmed that current free agent and former Rossonero, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, is one of the names being considered and being a potential candidate;

Falcao and Ibra? Up until now, I haven’t said no to any name because they are all capable players. I’m not saying no because they are potential candidates.

So far I haven’t said no to any of the names that have been mentioned, and I won’t say no to Falcao either, but among the six or seven names that have been suggested we’ve been closer to some than others.”

Acording to reports from Sky Sports Italia earlier on Thursday evening, the Rossoneri’s new striker should arrive in the coming 15-20 days.

LEAVE A REPLY