Revealed: The timeline for the Milan sale

By SempreMilan -

It will be a busy ten days for AC Milan. According to Il Sole 24 Ore, May 28th (the day that the San Siro will host the Champions League final) will be a key date in the potential sale of the Rossoneri to the Chinese Consortium.

That day, representatives from the consortium are rumoured to be visiting to watch the Champions League final… and hold talks, accompanied by managers close to Galatioto Sports Partners. One of them could be Italo-American advisor Nicholas Gancikoff.

Both sides’ advisors are already hard at work. The Ripa di Meana firm is helping the Chinese Consortium work out the financial structure of the deal. The issue is that the Consortium is set to be made up of 7-8 partners. We’ve so far heard of the Evergrande Group, but we have no idea how much each partner will take, and whether there will be a main investor. Neither does Silvio Berlusconi, apparently, something which could make him suspicious if he doesn’t think that he’d be leaving the club in safe hands, or at least hands that can make decisions and not have to do everything by committee.

We are familiar with the overall financial details: 70% of Milan will be bought for 650 million (excluding the club’s debts), with an option to buy the remaining 30% within the next three years.

Written by Carlo Festa, translated by Edo Dalmonte via

Tags Milan Serie A
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.