AC Milan have got a new personnel member on the board of directors after the arrival of Randy Levine who is the president of the New York Yankees.
The American has been the president of the baseball club since January 2000 and he has been a huge part of creating what is now a globally recognised brand.
He was also the driving force behind the Yankees moving into a new stadium in 2009. This is prevalent given Milan are trying to build a new San Siro stadium with Inter.
He was also the lead negotiator in the sale of 80 percent of the network to 21st Century Fox and in 2019 led the negotiation to buy the YES Network from the Disney Company along with partners Amazon, Sinclair Broadcasting, Blackstone, Mubadala and RedBird Capital, who now own AC Milan.
Before his work with the Yankees, Levine was the deputy mayor of New York when Rudy Giuliani was in charge. Before that, he worked in the Department of Justice during the Ronald Reagan administration.
With Levine joining the club, here is the new full list of Milan directors:
- Paolo Scaroni (AC Milan, Chairman)
- Giorgio Furlani (AC Milan, Chief Executive Officer)
- Stefano Cocirio (AC Milan, Chief Financial Officer)
- Gerry Cardinale (RedBird, Founder and Managing Partner)
- Randy Levine (New York Yankees, President)
- Alec Scheiner (RedBird, Partner)
- Niraj Shah (RedBird, Principal)
- Isaac Halyard (RedBird, Vice President)
- Gordon Singer (Elliott, Equity Partner and Managing Partner)