GdS: Probable XIs for Verona vs. Milan – changes in midfield and attack

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan head coach Stefano Pioli seems to have finally settled on the line-up that he will field this afternoon against Hellas Verona.

In the 24 hours leading up to the game there have been several different combinations reported, but La Gazzetta dello Sport (seen below) have given their latest update, starting with Mike Maignan in goal.

Davide Calabria, Matteo Gabbia, Fikayo Tomori and Theo Hernandez are expected to be the back four ahead of him, though Gabbia is down as having a 40% chance of starting with Pierre Kalulu and Malick Thiaw each at 30%.

Ismael Bennacer and Tijjani Reijnders are expected to be reunited in the midfield double pivot, with Ruben Loftus-Cheek playing in a more attacking role one again.

The wingers should be Christian Pulisic on the right and Rafael Leao on the left again, with Noah Okafor down as the man to lead the line over Luka Jovic and Olivier Giroud.

The Swiss forward has an 80% chance of being the starting striker as per the paper, with Giroud retaining a 20% possibility of getting the nod.

Probable Milan XI (4-2-3-1): Maignan; Calabria, Gabbia, Tomori, Hernandez; Bennacer, Reijnders; Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, Leao; Okafor.

Probable Verona XI (4-2-3-1): Montipò; Tchatchoua, Magnani, Dawidowicz, Cabal; Duda, Serdar; Suslov, Folorunsho, Lazovic; Noslin.


Tags AC Milan Verona Milan
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.