Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been named MVP of Serie A for the month of October, which took into account Matchdays four, five and six.
The winner of the award was determined by various metrics measured by Stats Perform, with the help of the tracking data recorded by Netco Sports.
In their their announcement, Serie A said that Ibrahimovic has one because of the following…
– Developed the highest technical efficiency index in two out of three matchdays;
– A technical efficiency performance of 96.3%, with a peak of 98%, and a physical efficiency of 92%;
– Thanks to the extraordinary tactical skills (K-Movement 97%), he allows team-mates to perform at their best;
– The excellent dribble and control properties have allowed him to never lose an offensive 1vs1 and reach 94% in the K-Pass.
Of course, those stats are all well and good but Ibra could have won the award on pure goalscoring merit having netted seven times in four league starts so far this season, including a match-winning brace against Inter and the winner against Udinese on Sunday. Despite being 39, the Swede is still proving to be decisive.
@Ibra_official è l'MVP #SerieATIM di ottobre! 💥🔝
• Nessun duello 1vs1 offensivo perso
• Indice di efficienza fisica al 92%
• Indice di efficienza tecnica al 96%
• Passaggi chiave riusciti: 94%https://t.co/NoPRY35qqe#WeAreCalcio pic.twitter.com/xHkOcwo7bU
— Lega Serie A (@SerieA) November 6, 2020