AC Milan look set to confirm the signing of full-back Milos Kerkez from ETO FC Győr, beating Juventus to his signature.
According to NemzetiSport, the 17-year was wanted by Juve this month but in the end it is the Rossoneri who have won the race for his signature.
The player’s father thanked his former side ETO FC for their part in his son’s career: Everyone at the club, both on and off the field, helped, supported, educated, no wonder Milos found a home and really liked ETO. I am very grateful for the support my son received. I would highlight Imre Soós, managing director, Frigyes Tuboly, academic director, Zsolt Horváth, school director, Ádám Nagy, technical director, and of course the coaches and teachers who made Milos get into such a big team.”
It appears that Paolo Maldini had a big hand in convincing the player to join, and the player’s agent Daniel Kaposi believes the Milan technical director has big plans for him.
“Maybe I don’t even have to stress, we got a huge opportunity from fate as Maldini invited Milos to Milan,” he said.
“They also said that Milos will be considered as part of the adult team, and this season I want to build him so that from summer, next to Theo Hernandez, he will be the other left back in the squad. So, there is a reason to work, there is a challenge.”
Kerkez also had his say on the move: “I am very grateful to my coaches in Győr, especially Péter Stark and Sándor Csató, for guiding my career so far to find the position where I can get the most out of myself.
“Not only did I become a better footballer than ETO, but my head also grew, and I think this is mainly due to the period when I was able to be with the adult team in the hotel for several weeks during the virus, I learned a lot professionally from Tamás Priskin and both humanly. I can say the ETO family has become my second family, I will never forget what I got here.”
Milan have signed Milos Kerkez from ETO FC Győr pic.twitter.com/VithD33jM4
— Sight (@SightsMilan) February 1, 2021