Match Preview: AC Milan vs. Empoli – Serie A 2023-24

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan are in good form heading into their game against Empoli, with the former ranking third while the latter is 13th on the Serie A league table. Following a 3-2 win over Sassuolo, Empoli will host Cagliari and then travel to San Siro to battle Milan on Sunday 10 March.

The Rossoneri have gotten the best out of their last five encounters, winning four times and drawing only once (0-0). Nonetheless, the Azzurri will look to extend their form of zero losses in the last six games.

Our experts take a look at the fixture, and this preview will cover everything from the possible line-ups to team news and how to leverage sports betting to win money. 

Possible line-ups

The final line-up will be released an hour before the match. However, the last matches of both teams offer insights into players who will likely play the fixture. Explore a list of possible starters and substitutes below. 

AC Milan Line-Up:

  • Mike Maignan 
  • Malick Thiaw 
  • Alessandro Florenzi 
  • Matteo Gabbia 
  • Theo Hernandez 
  • Yacine Adli 
  • Ismael Bennacer 
  • Rafael Leao 
  • Christian Pulisic 
  • Ruben Loftus-Cheek 
  • Olivier Giroud 


  • David Calabria 
  • Noah Okafor 
  • Yunus Musah 
  • Samuel Chukwueze 

Empoli Line-Up:

  • Elia Caprille 
  • Sebastiano Luperto 
  • Sebastian Walukiewicz
  • Ardian Ismajli
  • Matteo Cancellieri 
  • Razvan Marin 
  • Youssef Maleh 
  • Liberato Cacace 
  • Nicolo Cambiaghi 
  • Viktor Kovalenko 
  • Alberto Cerri 


  • Giuseppe Pezzella 
  • M’Baye Niang 
  • Bartosz Bereszynski 
  • Mattia Destro 
  • Simone Bastoni 

AC Milan team news 

AC Milan are third on the Serie A table, behind Inter and Juventus. With only five points separating them and close rivals Bologna and Atlanta, the Rossoneri will look to take a win from Empoli, especially after the recent controversial draw at home to Atalanta.

Here are some AC Milan betting tips to note ahead of the fixture: 




Olivier Giroud



Christian Pulisic



Rafael Leao



Ruben Loftus-Cheek



Luka Jovic



Theo Hernandez



All six players above will likely start against Empoli, so we expect a good number of goals in the match. Milan have 16 wins, five defeats, and five draws in their last 20 matches.

The returns of Fikayo Tomori, David Calabria, and Pierre Kalulu to training will provide an all-important boost to the side. Although there are no words on whether they are fit enough to start the game, the players can still feature in the matchday squad.

Luka Jovic picked up a direct red card before the match against Atalanta but is expected back before the fixture against Empoli. Meanwhile, Florenzi, Musah, and Loftus-Cheek are at risk of suspension, being one yellow away.

Empoli team news 

Simone Bastoni scored deep in stoppage time to guide Empoli to a late victory over Sassuolo in their relegation fight. It also continued their positive run under Davide Nicola, but a win over Milan may be a tough ask.

Szymon Zurkowski was unavailable due to an ankle knock, but it is not considered a serious injury. Jacopo Fazzini also missed the match against Sassuolo due to a thigh contusion but will attempt a recovery before Sunday’s game versus Cagliari.  




Szymon Zurkowski



M’Baye Niang



Francesco Caputo



Matteo Cancellieri



Tommaso Baldanzi



Empoli have won six games, drew 7, and lost 13 times. Emmanual Gyasi will be back in the squad after completing his suspension. Although he has failed to contribute a goal, Gyasi has started seven matches in a row, recording six shots (two on target), two key passes, and nine crosses. 

How to place a bet

Milan are the favourites to win Sunday’s fixture, with a 68% probability. Empoli have a 13% chance of winning, while the likelihood of a draw is 19%. Likewise, the probability of Milan scoring over four goals is 32%, while the chance of Empoli scoring one goal is 13%.

For punters, the fixture is a gold mine waiting to be explored, provided you know how to place a bet. Follow this guide to find a reputable sportsbook to bet for real money. 

Choose a betting site 

The first thing is to choose a bookmaker. There are several soccer online betting sites, each with different offerings. Hence, find a platform that suits your needs. In this tough market, selecting only the best soccer betting sites in Australia is important, if you want to make smart decisions on your bets.

That said, the sportsbook should cover different leagues, including the Premier League, Serie A, and other high-profile events. Apart from this, the site must have different sports betting options and list them all.

For players who fancy live bets, check for live broadcasts to monitor the game as it progresses. Also, pay attention to different types of rewards. From deposit bonuses to reload offers and cashback, these promotions reduce risk on your money and increase your winning potential.

Select platforms that allow to fund the accounts through various means, including cards, e-wallets, and cryptocurrency.

Other criteria to check include: 

  • License information 
  • Online reputation from reviews and testimonials
  • Customer support
  • Mobile gaming and apps. 

Create your betting account 

After confirming that the sportsbook appeals to your preferences, create an account. Although the account creation process varies by website, the steps involved often look like this: 

  • On the website’s homepage, click REGISTER or SIGN UP. 
  • Provide your name, phone number, and email address. 
  • Agree to the terms and conditions and tick the box to receive the welcome bonus. Some websites ask new users to enter a promo code during registration. 
  • Verify your email and log in. 

Choose a payment method and deposit 

Navigate to the cashier section to fund your account. Most sportsbooks require players to transfer money to their betting account before they can bet.

The only exception is for websites that award no deposit bonuses. Follow these steps to add cash: 

  • At the cashier, choose your preferred payment method. The options include cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Paysafecard), e-wallets (Paypal, Zelle, or Apple Pay), bank transfers, and cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin.)
  • Enter the amount.
  • Provide payment details such as card information or wallet address.
  • Enter security details like OTP or PIN. 
  • Confirm the transaction and submit. 

Place Your Bets 

Online betting sites use soccer odds to represent the probability of an event occurring. The odds are present in betting markets and determine how much a player will win. Common online soccer betting markets include: 

  • Outright winner 
  • Handicaps 
  • Over/under markets 
  • Accumulators 
  • Totals – corner, bookings 
  • Double chance 
  • Half-time/full-time score.

Navigate to the league you want to wager on and choose a game. Click on it to reveal the online sports betting markets and select the odds to add it to a bet slip. You can pick multiple matches in a single ticket to increase the odds and overall payout. Enter the amount to bet and click submit.


When will AC Milan and Empoli play? 

The match will be held on Sunday, 10 March 2024. Kickoff is at 15:00 CET at the San Siro. 

How do you bet on soccer? 

Sign up for an account with an online bookmaker, make a deposit, and select a soccer match. Analyze the AC Milan and Empoli betting options and place a bet. 

What is cash out in soccer betting? 

Some sportsbooks allow players to withdraw a part of their full stake from an active bet. This function reduces the overall expected return but protects the punter against an outright loss. 


Tags AC Milan Milan Empoli
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.