Milan linked with sensational move for Lukaku

By Oliver Fisher -

A lot has been discussed in recent days about potential targets for AC Milan should the takeover happen in the coming weeks.

In an exciting twist, the Corriere dello Sport is claiming Milan will target Everton striker Romelu Lukaku after the Chinese takeover.

The negotiations between president Berlusconi, his advisors and the Chinese consortium have reportedly reached crunch time, with an announcement expected on July 7th.

This is expected to be the confirmation of the transfer of 80% of club shares to the Chinese, in exchange for around €400million, with the remaining 20% to be bought in a year-and-a-half.

The Rossoneri completed their first summer signing on Friday, wrapping up the acquisition of highly-coveted Pescara forward Lapadula.

However, the Corriere dello Sport claims the deal was not one sanctioned by the Chinese, who want bigger names to join the club, and that they may even have been unhappy at the decision.

They have €100m ready to pour into the transfer kitty when the takeover is complete and one of their first targets could well be Belgian forward Romelu Lukaku.

His situation is a difficult one, with plenty of interest from the Premier League, including Arsenal and Chelsea. His value is reportedly around €50million, and this may change depending on his international form at the Euros.

However, his agent Mino Raiola has a good relationship with the club, so Milan may be in position to lead the chasing Italian pack, with apparently includes Juventus.

Tags AC Milan Arsenal Chelsea Everton Italy Lukaku Manchester United Mercato Milan News Rossoneri Serie A
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.