There are two options for Suso’s future at AC Milan as the Spaniard faces an uncertain future at the club, it is claimed.
Doubts over Suso’s ability to adapt to the 4-3-1-2 formation that new boss Marco Giampaolo prefers has led to intense speculation surrounding his situation at San Siro.
The 25-year-old has impressed in preseason so far though, slotting in behind the strikers and playing particularly well in the International Champions Cup games against Benfica and Manchester United.
Giampaolo told reporters after the game against United (in which he scored): “Suso is world-class. I told him and the club that. Suso isn’t a problem for us. We must keep our best players.”
It was then reported on Tuesday that Milan’s hierarchy are set for talks with Suso’s agent Alessandro Lucci over the player’s future, with Roma still interested.
Now, MilanNews.it‘s Anto Vitiello has shone fresh light on the situation, confirming that there are two possible options for the former Liverpool man.
The first is that he could stay at the club and sign a new deal on different terms – likely a pay rise with an adjusted release clause.
The other choice is that Milan could choose to sacrifice their most creative player if a €35million bid arrives, which would give them the funds to go and sign Angel Correa.
Lucci was at Casa Milan on Tuesday for talks, so the situation appears to be moving towards a resolution one way or another.