AC Milan have seemingly taken another step forward in their plans to build a new stadium as they have purchased Sportcitylife SRL.
Milan are continuing to push ahead with their new stadium project and San Donato seems to be the chosen area, with plans being formalised for a ‘red and black citadel’ to open by 2028 or 2029 at the latest.
As shown by the Chamber of Commerce certificates (via Felice Raimondo), the company Sportcitylife SRL was acquired by Milan with a public deed dated 08/06/2023.
Milan have taken over 90% of the legal vehicle used by Cassinari for the Sportcitylife project, leaving 10% of the shares to the previous owner.
There is already an urban plan in place for the San Francesco area of San Donato known as the ‘Sport Life City’ which had a sporting vocation and foresaw the construction of an arena to seat around 20,000 spectators.
Now, Milan have taken over that vehicle and all the pre-approval in place, which should accelerate the process.