AC Milan made it three league wins from their first three games of 2020-21 despite making numerous changes for the 3-0 win over Spezia.
Pioli decided to do some rotating as the like of Colombo, Brahim Diaz, Rafael Leao, Sandro Tonali and Rade Krunic started, with Leao getting a brace and Theo Hernandez scoring a fantastic solo goal to make it a comfortable evening.
During the game, some remarkable stats emerged…
– Milan are the first team in the ‘top five’ European Leagues to play with seven starters born since 1/1/1999 in a single game.
– have won their first three Serie A games to start the season without conceding a single goal for the third time in their history, after 1971-72 (under Nereo Rocco) and 1952-53 (under Mario Sperone).
– Hakan Calhanoglu has been involved in 17 goals (8 goals + 9 assists) in his last 12 games foracross all competitions.
– The average age of‘s starting XI against Spezia is the youngest in Serie A since 2004-05, at 22 years and 287 days.
– Milan have won their first three matches in Serie A for only the second time in the 21st century (first since 2006-07).