GdS: Milan reiterate confidence in Conti – what it means for the right-back situation

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan will not sell Andrea Conti this summer despite reports suggesting he and team-mate Davide Calabria are surplus to requirements.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday (via MilanNews), Milan have no intention of selling Conti. The management met with the agent of the 26-year-old right-back on Thursday and communicated to Mario Giuffredi their intenion to continue with his client.

Milan have renewed confidence in Conti despite an up and down season. So far, the former Atalanta star’s time with the Rossoneri has been dampened by injuries, and although he got more playing time in 2019-20 he alternated good performances with others that were decidedly less convincing.

It is not excluded that Conti’s confirmation could mean that Milan don’t sign a new right-back, especially given that obstacles have arisen in negotiations with Tottenham for Aurier. The club, therefore, wants to take precautions.

Tags AC Milan Andrea Conti

2 Comments

  1. Soykan says:

    I’m sorry but I don’t want to believe this..

  2. nakar says:

    I think Calabria is way better than Conti. It would be foolish of management to keep Conti and sell Calabria. Calabria showed that he has way more defensive potential and attacking flair than Conti.

Comments are closed