Ballo-Toure reveals why Milan were an opportunity he couldn’t turn down: “I didn’t believe it”

By Oliver Fisher -

Fode Ballo-Toure has described his move to AC Milan as one that generated disbelief and an opportunity he simply could not reject.

On Sunday it was announced that Ballo-Toure is the fifth addition for Milan in the summer transfer market so far after Mike Maignan, Fikayo Tomori, Sandro Tonali and Olivier Giroud, with Brahim Diaz having also arrived a day later to take the grand total to six.

It is clear once again that the Rossoneri management are trying to construct a squad full of hungry, young and talented players and introducing the right elements of experience to help them along the way, with Ballo-Toure falling into the former category.

On Thursday afternoon in the Milanello conference room, the Senegal international was officially unveiled to the media where he answered a number of questions from reporters about his move. His comments were transcribed by MilanNews, and he spoke about how Milan were too good an opportunity to turn down.

“I’m very happy to be here. At the beginning there was a contact between Maldini and my agent, I didn’t believe it. Then the negotiations with Monaco began, but I only started to believe it when I arrived in Milan,” he said,

“Milan are a great club, I couldn’t miss an opportunity like that. Here I want to improve, I will work hard, then the coach will decide who to play. I am very happy that Maldini brought me to Milan and gave me his confidence. He is an important reference.

“Monaco? Football is like this, these things happen. It can happen to have ups and downs. But now I’m at Milan and I only think about doing well here.”


READ MORE: Liverpool serious about Milan midfielder with €8m-a-year contract ready – the player’s stance

Tags AC Milan Fode Ballo-Toure

1 Comment

  1. Moon says:

    Of course he couldn’t believe it, he failed everywhere he played.

Comments are closed

Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.