AC Milan will be looking to continue their exceptional form since the resumption of Serie A when they face Sassuolo on Tuesday.
The Rossoneri have won six games out of eight since the league got back underway, including victories over Roma, Lazio, Juventus and most recently a 5-1 defeat of Bologna.
Sassuolo are in good form too though and have won four of their last six, and here are some of the key stats ahead of the game at the Mapei Stadium….
- Milan beat Sassuolo for the last time in the league on March 2, 2019 (Milan 1-0 Sassuolo – own goal by Pol Lirola).
- Sassuolo have not defeated Milan since March 6, 2016. Alfred Duncan and Domenico Berardi scored the goals for Neroverdi.
- In the last 5 head-to-head matches between the teams, the Rossoneri won 3 times and shared points with Sassuolo twice.
- Another yellow card for Alessio Romagnoli, Simon Kjaer, Theo Hernandez, Ismael Bennacer and Ante Rebic will mean a suspension against Atalanta.
- Domenico Berardi likes to score against Rossoneri. In 12 games against Milan, the Italian has scored 8 goals and assisted his team-mates 3 times.
- Milan have scored 53 goals this season (8th-most in the league), Sassuolo 63 (6th-most). The Rossoneri have conceded 43 goals this season (5th-best), the Neroverdi 58 (15th-best).
- Milan scores 1.65 points per game on average, Sassuolo 1.42 points per game.
- In 2020, only Erling Haaland (13) and Robert Lewandowski (12) scored more goals (not including penalties) than Ante Rebić (11) – Opta
- Since the Serie A restart, the Rossoneri have been scoring an average of 2.5 points per game. In their last 8 matches, Milan have scored at least 2 goals per game.
- Milan have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 away matches against Sassuolo in all competitions.
- Milan have won their last 3 away matches against Sassuolo in all competitions.
- Sassuolo have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Milan in all competitions.
- Sassuolo and Milan are both undefeated in their last 8 matches (Serie A).
- Sassuolo have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 home matches (Serie A).
- In the years 2016-2018, Manuel Locatelli played for Milan. In 63 games, the Italian amassed 2 goals and 1 assist.