On Friday, TV network Rai announced that they will be launching a programme on Monday investigating Milan’s ownership situation, alleging that Elliott Management are not in control.
The well-known broadcaster have announced that they will premiere a program on Monday during which an in-depth investigation into the club’s true ownership model will come to light.
According Calciomercato.com, there are no huge bombshells expected from tomorrow night’s programme but rather just information that is already available. They expect five key points to be touched upon…
1. That Milan are not owned by the Elliott Fund, nor by Paul Singer, but by the Luxembourg Project Redblack, where they channel the shares of two American limited companies and of D’Avanzo and Cerchione’s (two directors) Blue Skye.
2. That the fact of not knowing the real owner of a football club is worrying for the League and the FIGC, as well as for other non-sporting institutions in the country.
3. That until we know the real origin of the funds that annually cover Milan’s huge budget losses, we will never be certain about the future of the Rossoneri.
4. That until the identity of the real owners of Milan is revealed, even the stadium project risks never seeing the light of day.
5. Whoever owns or is the owner of the club cannot be assumed to be willing to ‘lose’ money forever, even if they are Milan fans as the names of the two American companies would seem to suggest (King George Investment after George Weah and Genio Investment as a nod to Dejan Savicevic).