Galliani hits out at Rai and clarifies ownership situation: “Milan belongs 96% to Elliott”

By Oliver Fisher -

Former AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has hit out at Rai3 for their Report programme on the ownership situation surrounding the club.

TV network Rai recently announced that they will be launching a programme investigating Milan’s ownership situation, alleging that Elliott Management are not in control of the club and it is in fact two financiers – namely Salvatore Cerchione and Luca D’Avanzo – who have a controlling stake in the club as the heads of the Blue Skye investment fund.

However, they postponed the episode for reasons not yet disclosed, while Calcio & Finanza reported that an official statement had arrived from a spokesman for the American fund Elliott, who clarified that they do indeed own over 90% of the club.

Galliani was interviewed by the newspaper Libero and was keen to clarify Milan’s situation as he sees it.

“I saw the report on Rai3 which insinuated doubts about ownership. Yet another attempt to hit Silvio, even at the cost of muddying Milan. Like when they insinuated that the sale to the Chinese was an operation to clean up Berlusconi’s money, bringing them back from abroad,” he said (via MilanLive).

“Milan belongs 96% to Elliott, the American investment management fund, and the remaining 4% to Blue Skye, the company created by the two Neapolitan financiers who work in the City of London, Salvatore Cerchione and Luca D’Avanzo.

“They bought it from the Chinese Yonghong Li, an ultra-transparent operation, checked and verified several times.”

Tags AC Milan Adriano Galliani
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.