Study reveals the grim extent of Milan’s injury problems compared to rivals

By Oliver Fisher -

The frightening and farcical nature of AC Milan’s injury problems since the start of last season have been laid out in an in-depth study.

Radio Rossonera have taken a look at Milan’s problems and they start by counting the amount of matches missed by the players of the top five clubs in the league since the start of the 2020-21 season. Milan are at 377 total games missed which is over 100 more than the second in this ranking in Napoli.

Rossoneri radio accident analysis

Napoli are the team that have been hit hardest by Covid with 55 missed matches due to positive players while Inter, Milan and Juve are nearly the same with 38, 38 and 37 respectively.

Then the report mentions non-muscle injuries, that is all traumatic injuries, inflammation, tendon, ligament and bone problems. Milan are leading here thanks to Ante Rebić’s elbow, ankle and hip issues, Ibra’s knee and Achilles tendon, Gabbia’s collateral ligament, Plizzari’s bilateral patella tendinopathy and Maignan’s wrist. The data is below.

Rossoneri radio accident analysis

Then there is muscle problems, where Milan stands out at 187 games missed, which is very clear of the like of Atalanta and Inter while Juventus are 30 games behind in total.

Rossoneri radio accident analysisThe names of those who have suffered muscle problems for Milan and the amount of time spent out are as follows: Bennacer (22 missed matches), Ibra (19), Kjaer (14), Calabria (12), Romagnoli (12), Leao (12) and Rebic (8).

Interestingly, 52% seem to be felxor problems while 21% are calf for a sum of 73%, a value very close to being able to conclude that Milan’s muscular problems concern those two specific parts.


READ MORE: Milan’s recent fatal mistakes and build-up play a cause for concern Pioli must address

Tags AC Milan

2 Comments

  1. Machink says:

    There is something wrong with fitness department.
    Maldini and massara used to have concern about that.
    As long as I know, its started when pato here. Our first “glass player”.

  2. Kilroy says:

    I don’t know if anyone has considered this but our age structure might partially be the reason for this.

    We have either very old and rusty players like Ibra, Giroud, Kjaer, Messias – those are obviously going to get injured often.

    Or we have players that are still really young (under 24) who can also be injury prone because they are still growing and finding out their physical limits.

    Compare that to, lets say, Inter whose core team is made up of players closer to their physical peak form 24-30.

Comments are closed

Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.