Mediaset: Confirmations arrive regarding Milan and Man City’s interest in €20m Brazilian forward

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan are interested in signing Internacional striker Yuri Alberto but there is some confusion regarding his situation, a report claims.

According to SportMediaset, Milan have set their sights on the 20-year-old Alberto as he is the top scorer in the Brazilian league with 11 so far this season, on a par with Hulk of Atletico Mineiro and Gilberto of Bahia. The source even adds that he is the priority target for Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara to reinforce the attack in January.

Confirmations arrive from sources in Brazil regarding the information, the report claims, but Manchester City have also asked for information about the young centre-forward as a potential replacement for Gabriel Jesus.

Internacional will not let their prized asset leave for less than €20m, and 80% of the sum would be collected by the club while the remaining 20% ​​will go to the player and his entourage, who own that share of his rights. The Porto Alegre club also denied that an agreement has already been reached with Milan for the departure of the striker in January.

Alberto has a contract valid until 31 July 2025 and it is not yet clear whether Yuri Alberto is in possession of an EU passport.

READ MORE: Real Madrid continuing to scout Milan winger as market value rises further

Tags AC Milan Yuri Alberto
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.