AC Milan continue to be heavily linked with a move for Kaio Jorge on Santos as they look to complete the striker department ahead of the new season.
MilanNews have confirmed that the Rossoneri management are looking to sign the 19-year-old to compliment Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Olivier Giroud. If he were to join, he would be somewhat of an unknown quantity, so they have listed five things people may not know.
1) Kaio Jorge is considered the classic ‘9.5’ rather than an outright No.9. He plays as a centre-forward but has grown up with the label of “new Neymar” despite having always been in love with Roberto Firmino in football. He is more of a false nine, therefore.
2) Kaio Jorge is the sixth-youngest player to make his debut with the first team of Santos. Three big names are ahead of him in this ranking, namely Philippe Coutinho, Pelé and Gabigol.
3) Kaio Jorge has been renamed “Menino de Ouro” (golden boy) and “Lightning”, both for his innate qualities and for a famous goal scored after just 11 seconds in the Copa Libertadores.
4) The nickname “Lightning” could also derive from the fact that he convinced Santos to sign him in just five minutes. Kaio Jorge, after having reached thousands of views with a video on YouTube posted by his father Jorge Ramos, managed to impress Santos at his first trial in 2012.
5) Kaio Jorge comes from a difficult family history, and his mother had to sell furniture, clothes and jewellery in order to allow her son to realise his dream as a footballer.