AC Milan have a rather long injury list for the time being and the medical staff is working overtime to recover the players in question. This afternoon, some new updates on the injured players have arrived.
In spite of the injury struggles, Milan started 2023 well with a good performance away at Salernitana. Tomorrow, they will take on Roma and will be hoping to add another win to their tally. In the long run, though, the injuries could prove fatal.
The following injury report is from MilanNews:
– Junior Messias and Divock Origi want to recover for the game against Torino on Wednesday but might be back for Lecce instead.
– Ante Rebic is still working individually and it’s hard to imagine him back for the Supercoppa Italiana on January 18th.
– Rade Krunic is further behind Messias and Origi, but he needs to be evaluated day by day ahead of the Supercoppa.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic will return to Milan next week and will continue his program. The goal is to have him back for Tottenham.
– As for Mike Maignan, there is no timeline for his recovery as Milan aren’t taking any risks.
Given all the injuries, Stefano Pioli is expected to make zero changes to the starting XI that we saw against Salernitana for tomorrow’s clash. The only battle is Brahim Diaz vs. Charles De Ketelaere, but the former is ahead.