Ralf Rangnick has denied the presence of an agreement with AC Milan despite the speculation suggesting otherwise.
Multiple outlets are now claiming that the German will take over from both Stefano Pioli and Ricky Massara, ensuing a role unprecedented in Italian football as a head coach and sporting director in one.
Currently, Rangnick holds the role as the Head of Football for Red Bull’s vast sporting empire, meaning he controls the recruitment of two upcoming European giants in RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg.
After his dismissal on Saturday, Zvonimir Boban spoke in an interview with Il Giornale during which he claimed that an agreement had been reached some time ago.
“You made a deal with Rangnick in December,” he said.
However, Rangnick has now responded to this rumour in a defiant way. “This is definitely not true,” said the 61-year-old to SPORT1 regarding an agreement last year.