AC Milan are facing a dilemma regarding the future of Suso despite the coaches’ will to keep the player, a report claims.
The Spaniard’s future has been the subject of intense speculation since the start of the summer amid doubts over his ability to adapt to the 4-3-1-2 formation that new boss Marco Giampaolo prefers.
Despite this, Suso has impressed in preseason so far, slotting in behind the strikers and playing particularly well in the International Champions Cup games against Benfica and Manchester United.
Giampaolo told reporters after the game against the latter: “Suso is world-class. I told him and the club that. Suso isn’t a problem for us. We must keep our best players.”
Reports emerged from Sky on Sunday suggesting that the manager is determined for him to stay, and Monday’s edition il Corriere della Sera provides an update.
They state that Giampaolo is indeed wanting to keep Suso, however it seems to depend on whether Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban will listen to him.
The sale of the former Liverpool forward is a tempting one for the leadership as it would secure a sizeable capital gain, but the two directors have already indicated their will to satisfy the coach’s requests.
This week, Suso’s agent – Alessandro Lucci – will be back at Casa Milan to clarify the situation of his client.
Roma continue to hold strong interest in the player, and Angel Correa’s arrival at San Siro could push Suso towards an exit.