GdS: Zirkzee stalemate continues – Atletico Madrid striker enters frame for Milan

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan have begun to look around at other options as the Joshua Zirkzee talks continue to be at a standstill, and a name from LaLiga has caught their attention.

As La Gazzetta dello Sport (seen below) report this morning, agent Kia Joorabchian is trying to use Zirkzee’s Netherlands call-up to his advantage. He is asking for a €15m commission, a disproportionate request which Milan have no intention of giving in to.

Thus began a phase of stalemate, which may or may not be overcome. Yesterday the silence continued, because Milan are waiting for Kia to review his claims, while Kia did not pick up the phone to contact the CEO Giorgio Furlani confirming that he wants to lower the requests.

The rift can be mended but the agent must step forward: Milan are otherwise ready to pay the €40m release clause of which 60% would go to Bologna and the other 40% to Bayern Munich. The Rossoblu stand to make a nice profit, but what also cannot be ruled out is him staying.

Milan are not in a hurry either: they have a wide list of alternatives and a large budget to allocate to the purchase of the attacker. Samu Omorodion is the latest name that has entered the frame, who last summer was purchased by Atletico Madrid for €5m.

He scored 9 goals in the last season, on loan at Alaves. His price is very much within Milan’s reach and they believe that he could grow into being a top centre-forward given that he is only 20, but there would be a risk factor attached.

The case of Serhou Guirassy and Romelu Lukaku is different: they cost even less (Guirassy has a €17.5m clause) and they offer adequate guarantees in front of goal, but they certainly have less room for growth. The outsider is Artem Dovbyk, 27 years old, a Ukrainian striker for Girona.

Tags AC Milan Artem Dovbyk Romelu Lukaku Samu Omorodion Serhou Guirassy

10 Comments

  1. Another click bait article from Gazzeta.

    Samu Omorodion is a nice talent but he is not the profile that Milan search for our ‘statement striker’ signing. If there is interest from Milan, he is to be alternative as our deputy striker instead of Jovic – in the same bracket as Broja.

    The alternative for Zirkzee should be a ready made striker, in the mould of Dovbyk, Gimenez, or the like.

  2. Dovbyk is there for 35 mil. What is the problem? Hes a Giroud copy: left footed, physically strong, good in the air (not as good as Giroud thou) but faster. After the EC his value will go up even more cause he will score goals there for Ukraine. He finished La liga with 10 goals in 10 games.

    And its not like Ukrainian strikers havent been good for us before…

  3. if we cant sign zirkzee go for Kula Muani or Ramos from PSG. They would always be receptive to striker a loan deal with option to buy. Ramos would be much better signing than any others linked to us.

Comments are closed

Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.