Journalist gives update on future of 104-goal striker: “Only Milan have asked for information”

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan are the only team so far to request information regarding Torino striker Andrea Belotti, according to one journalist.

Belotti turned 27 on 23 December and will find himself at a crossroads in the summer as it could be one of the last opportunities to make to leap to a big club and compete for trophies.

His contract is set to expire in June 2022, so he will be left with a decision to either commit to a new contract or concede that Torino will be forced to sell him in the upcoming mercato, to ensure he does not leave for free.

Speaking on the Calciomercato Show for CM.it, the ‘Radio Radio’ journalist Enrico Camelio spoke about the future of Belotti and dropped some interesting information regarding Milan’s reported interest.

“I only know that Belotti will not sign for Torino, he will not renew, and only Milan have asked for information. Roma did not ask for anything. A very close friend of Belotti’s told me,” Camelio said.

Belotti has 104 goals and 26 assists in 223 appearances for Granata having been their absolute leader over the past few years, but it seems he may have finally outgrown them.

He also spoke on the Donnarumma situation, one which is becoming more and more tense with the passing of days, especially after Saturday’s confrontation between the goalkeeper and fans at Milanello.

“For me Donnarumma remains at the end, Milan will satisfy Raiola,” he added.


READ MORE: Wastefulness, crossed wires and interesting athletic data – Tactical analysis of Milan’s win over Benevento

 

Tags AC Milan Andrea Belotti