Former Inter midfielder and current Red Star Belgrade boss Dejan Stankovic believes that AC Milan made the right call in moving to secure young striker Marko Lazetic.
Stankovic spoke during an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport about the current moment Inter are experiencing, his memories of the derby and what kind of a game he is expecting on Saturday between the two sides in what is essentially a do-or-die game for the Rossoneri given the four point gap.
“Last year Inter had this pace too, but now the team is even stronger: they run at very high rates, with a spectacular and organized game, with confidence. Usually in the derby it is difficult to say who is the favorite, but this time…,” he said.
In a statement on the official website, Milan confirmed last month that 18-year-old striker Marko Lazectic has signed a contract with the club which will run until 30 June 2026. He celebrated his 18th birthday earlier last week (22 January) and our interview with a Mozzart Sport‘s Darjan Nedeljković revealed some details about him.
“When he left the Red Star I just said to him: ‘Feet on the ground’. He will have them there because he is humble. He has enormous potential and a great career awaits him. Milan have chosen well, but they must have patience. And Marko will look closely at his idol Ibra: you can also learn from lions.”
Lazetic joins with little first team experience under his belt, but he is very highly rated by those in his own country and will no doubt be eager to arrive and repay the faith of the management.