Milan have struggled since the start of the year, really, but are still very much in the Champions League race. With six games to go of the season, they are in second place but they need an uplift fast.
Based on data, Stefano Pioli’s side are one of the best in the league when you look at away games, but the story isn’t quite the same at San Siro. Suffering a few defeats and several poor results there, something needs to change.
Above all, they need to improve overall as the teams behind them are in relatively good form. And taking a look at the respective schedules, it’s clear that Atalanta and Napoli are best off while Juve and Milan could struggle.
2. #ACMilan (66) – LAZ, BEN, JUV, TOR, CAG, ATA
3. Atalanta (65) – BOL, SAS, PAR, BEN, GEN, ACM
4. Juve (65) – FIO, UDI, ACM, SAS, INT, BOL
5. Napoli (63) – TOR, CAG, SPE, UDI, FIO, VER
6. Lazio* (58) – ACM, GEN, FIO, PAR, ROM, SAS, TOR
* = game in hand pic.twitter.com/9MqCZEXaW6
— MilanData📊 (@acmilandata) April 22, 2021
The Rossoneri simply can’t afford to make silly mistakes and drop points anymore as we are really getting down to the wire. In order to avoid this, they will need to up their game and regain their form from 2020.