AC Milan have set their asking price for Suso this summer, a report claims, as speculation over the forward’s future continues to rumble.
The 25-year-old has impressed in preseason so far, particularly in the International Champions Cup games against Benfica and Manchester United, but doubts over his ability to adapt to the 4-3-1-2 formation continue.
Marco Giampaolo has not hidden his admiration for the player, and told reporters after the game against United (in which he scored): “Suso is world-class. I told him and the club that. Suso isn’t a problem for us. We must keep our best players.”
On Tuesday, it was reported that the future of Suso could go one of two ways: either he renews with the club or he is sold in order to raise funds for the mercato.
It has also been suggested that Giampaolo and the Milan leadership disagree over what should happen with the former Liverpool man.
Wednesday’s edition of il Corriere della Sera backs up those reports by stating that Suso’s Milan future hangs in the balance.
They state that despite Giampaolo’s plea to keep his man, the Rossoneri are willing to sell if a €35-40million offer arrives. That could then fund a move for Angel Correa.