Kessie responds to Milan exit rumours: “They never told me to leave…”

By Oliver Fisher -

AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie has revealed that the club asked him to stay amid links with a move to France.

It was claimed last week by il Corriere della Sera – as cited by Calciomercato.com – that Kessie’s future at Milan is ‘still to be decided’ amid interest from Monaco.

French outlet RMC Sport (via GFFN) followed that up on Tuesday by stating that Kessie remains at the top of the Ligue 1 club’s wishlist.

On Wednesday, it was even suggested by La Repubblica (via Calciomertcato.com) that Milan and Monaco had struck an agreement for Kessie believed to be €25m plus bonuses.

Kessie made his first start of the season for Milan on Saturday evening as the Rossoneri won 1-0 against Brescia at San Siro.

After the game he discussed his future in the mixed zone (via Calciomercato.com), seemingly confirming he will stay.

He said: “Milan never told me to leave. On the contrary, they asked me to stay.

“I still want to give a lot, I’m very happy at Milan.”


READ MORE: Ratings – AC Milan 1-0 Brescia – Chances created but Hakan decisive

Tags AC Milan Franck Kessie