One last day of hope for AC Milan fans who would like to see the club making two new signings at least, even if it will be very difficult that the club will invest money on new players in the transfer deadline day.
While Adriano Galliani who is working to get at least a low-cost target, Federico Albrizio has shortlisted those who arrived at AC Milan this summer and those who left the club.
- Gianluca Lapadula: €9million from Pescara, five-year, €1million contract
- Gustavo Gomez: €8.5million from Lanus, five-year, €800,000-1 million contract
- Jose Sosa: €7.5million from Besiktas, two-year, €1.7million contract
- Mario Pasalic: loan move from Chelsea
- Leonel Vangioni: free transfer from River Plate, four-year, €1.25million contract.
Total: € 25 million, plus € 8-9 million for salaries
AC Milan have made no big sales despite being supposed to do so with Carlos Bacca and Mattia De Sciglio who were available for the best bidders at the beginning of the summer. The rossoneri have sold some of their outcasts in order t save money of their salaries (€ 11.5 million in total), here’s the list of who left the San Siro.
- Jeremy Menez to Bordeaux (€5million gross of tax saved)
- Alessandro Matri to Sassuolo (€5million gross of tax saved)
- Michael Agazzi to Cesena (€1.5million gross of tax saved)
- Simone Verdi to Bologna for €1.5million (€ 500.000 gross of tax)
So how much money is left in the bank for Adriano Galliani to spend in the transfer deadline day? Honestly, not too much as one would imagine.
The permanent sale of Luiz Adriano seems difficult, the best Galliani can do is giving the Brazilian away on loan and save money of his salary, just like with Diego Lopez who is chased by Espanyol. New Chinese ownership won’t invest € 15 million in a midfielder, which is what they were supposed to do for the signing of Rodrigo Bentancur earlier last month.
The transfer deadline day has begun, but there might be not many big news for AC Milan fans today.