CM Exclusive: AC Milan manager Vincenzo Montella wants Rodrigo Caio

By Isak Möller -

During the next transfer window, AC Milan’s priority will be the signing of a new center back. The Rossoneri’s boss Vincenzo Montella is happy with Paletta and Romagnoli, but he also knows that his team’s defense needs more quality. The main target for such position remains Sao Paulo 23-year-old Rodrigo Caio.

The Lombard club knows that first of all, it will have to find an agreement with the Tricolor Paulista, who are asking for €15 million for their 80% of the ownership. Then, Milan will have to deal with the player’s family and with the middleman Alvaro Sardeira, who own the other 20%.

Moreover, the Rossoneri will have to compete with other clubs, like Paris Saint-Germain, Hamburg and –most of all- Sevilla, whose boss Jorge Sampaoli admires the Brazilian defender.

Written by Fabrizio Romano, via

Tags AC Milan Caio Italy Mercato Milan News Rossoneri Serie A
Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.