Pellegatti reveals Milan’s budget for the summer window plus six potential sales to add funds

By Oliver Fisher -

Journalist Carlo Pellegatti believes that AC Milan will spend a good chunk of money in the summer window, hoping to raise cash through sales too.

Even though the season feels like it only finished recently and the European Championships begin on Friday night, Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara are already at work to put the pieces in place to complete the squad ahead of the 2021-22 season.

The next campaign will of course mark a return to the Champions League for the first time since the 2013-14 season, leading to suggestions that the extra revenue from being back in Europe’s top club competition could result in a bumper transfer budget.

Well-known journalist Carlo Pellegatti addressed a few different topics during an interview for Top Calcio 24 as he took stock of the Rossoneri’s transfer market, starting with Tonali.

“I understand that Milan still focuses on Tonali, on his youth, and hopes to see him more incisive next season; however, I do not think they will give another 25 million for the purchase, a solution will have to be found with Cellino. He will be a Milan player on a permanent basis, it is also important to understand which of the young players will be included in the negotiations,” he said (via MilanLive).

On the budget for the market, he added: “The heavy purchase, currently, is that of Tomori. It will be a 70 million transfer campaign, there will be the sale of Hauge and the Rossoneri hope to raise 10 to 15 million euros.”

However, it is not only Hauge who could leave: “Caldara, Conti, Laxalt and Duarte can also add something to the kitty. If an offer of 60 or 70 million should arrive for Theo Hernandez, it must be evaluated, but Milan does not intend to sell the big names. Ziyech or De Paul are Champions League players.”


READ MORE: Pioli identifies eight fundamental vertebrae to build around – now quality additions will follow

Tags AC Milan Andrea Conti Diego Laxalt Hakim Ziyech Jens Petter Hauge Mattia Caldara Rodrigo De Paul theo hernandez

9 Comments

  1. abanjo2003 says:

    Hauge? wtf. Hope he is wrong

  2. Tshabalala says:

    let’s catch Belotti,Berghius and Gosens , they are in last year of contract , it would not cost us over 50 milions in total but we wouldn’t need any other incoming transfers with them , show some money and finish it guys, plus adding free agents like hysaj and giroud , it would be amazing team

    1. ChazyMilan says:

      One of the wisest things ever said.

    2. Cakeme says:

      Big freaking facts bro

  3. Gianluca says:

    I’m not surprised. Since the ownership is an investment fund their main goal is to have a ROI.
    If the latter is obtained thanks to sporting results, it is even better, but that’s not the main goal anyway. I’m not criticizing the club that I love and have cheered for before I was even born, I’m just saying I don’t have high expectations from this ownership, that’s all.

    1. Joe101 says:

      yeah, spoke it right
      I have a similar feeling when it comes to our owner’s financial commitment

  4. Fabio says:

    Who believes this tosh .

  5. Danielson says:

    Please Milan should never sell hauge i swear the will regret it instead….

  6. Sadiq says:

    Selling of hauge is a great mistake, because is a very talented player in picture let Milan give him chance to play.

Comments are closed

Serie A Standings

Live football scores . Current table, fixtures & results.