AC Milan Women will take on their city rivals Inter in the semi-finals of the Coppa Italia Femminile. The match will take place this Sunday, March 13th, and it will be an interesting encounter.
The tie will be a two-legged affair and Milan must win both games to advance to the final of the tournament. The Rossonere will also use this game to bounce back after a tough loss against Juventus, and they’ll want to do so with a win.
Down below is a brief overview of what you need to know before the match and what could be good to keep an extra eye on during the clash.
- Milan have never lost to Inter. Whether it’s in the league or the Coppa Italia, the Rossonere have never lost against their cousins. Look for them to continue the streak here.
- Milan will most likely deploy a 3-5-2 for this match. Inter tend to vary their formations, but they’ll most likely counter Milan with a 4-3-3. Both teams will also field a strong line-up for this match as they attempt to emerge victorious from it.
- Inter’s best player is Gloria Marinelli. The Milan defence will have to do their utmost to contain the mobile and creative forward. It will be one of their keys to winning this game.
- Midfielder Refiloe Jane will most likely return for this match. If she does, then it will bolster the Rossonere’s midfield. Milan suffered without Jane’s steely presence in the midfield and were outmuscled in the last match against Juve. With Jane back, they won’t be as overwhelmed and stand a better chance of winning.
- The Nerazzurre are Dominika Čonč’s favourite victims, as she has scored four goals against them.
Kick-off is scheduled for 1:30 pm CET (4:30 am PST / 7:30 am EST). There is no word on where the match will be streamed and televised. The safe bet is to assume that it will be shown on Inter TV, TimVision, along with Milan TV and the AC Milan app as well.